What's new

Welcome to EasyDiag.INFO® is your forum for easy diagnosis and repair of special equipment

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Troubleshooting PIWIS 3 for a 996

Gary852

Reaction score
Website
www.obd2.ltd
Troubleshooting PIWIS 3 for a 996

I tried searching but found nothing. I have a 2001 996.1 narrow body convertible. I installed PIWIS3, activated it, but am having some issues. Can someone tell me if I'm just dumb and missed a step, or if PIWIS is not set up correctly.

Preliminary info: There is no documentation on this Porsche so I don't know if it has been flashed. It has had a complete Fabspeed intake/exhaust upgrade. The CEL is on.

Problem: PIWIS 3 shows no errors or codes, nothing to indicate the CEL is on, which is driving me crazy. I'm sure it can connect, but it doesn't automatically detect, so I have to manually select 911/996, which I think is normal for a 2001.

I have the latest version and when I select 9x6_DME_ME7_8 from the overview menu and go to the fault log... I see nothing, just the control unit name and under the description "?" 10000". When I go back to the overview and select all control units and go to the error log... I see nothing, just the control unit name and the description "?" 10000" for each computer. I tried with an older version (38.XX I think...) and it's the same, just the ECU name is abbreviated - i.e. it just says DME instead of 9x6_DME_ME7_8.

Top Bottom